Thursday, April 3, 2014

Veronica Mars! (late post)


Yes… 10 minutes into the movie, I was all moony eyed, so excited and everything even if nothing has happened yet. Suffice to say, I loved the movie. What Veronica Mars fan wouldn’t? The movie is not meant to play out like some summer blockbusters and it really is probably not for everyone (no super heroes, no end of the world scenes, no robots, or tween vampires) but for all the Veronica Mars fans out there, it felt like coming home and it felt like reminiscing high school but with only the good memories.

Hello Veronica! (screen cap from the movie)
Fan service, it is what it is. And, I really am not complaining! LoVe forever! I will suck it all up. Make a sequel and I will wholeheartedly cheer it on Rob Thomas!

LoVe! (screen cap from the movie)
So what are my comments on the plotlines and what everyone has been doing all these years? First off, Veroncia going to Stanford and then Columbia law school, I approve. I am all for education. When Veronica was in high school her dream was to go to Stanford and I am glad she eventually got there. I never liked Hearst College anyway.  

Would I have liked her better as an FBI agent? She’d be great at it, yes, but I probably won’t like it as much. She would be all limited to the rules of law or the FBI. Plus, her going over to the respectable side for a while (as an almost lawyer) is also something that works with the story line. Logan going all navy pilot on us, I totally applaud! Who wouldn’t? He had me at navy uniform. My only comment is that I’m not sure I like the skinny Logan. But then, I will always be biased for Logan so I accept him for who he is.

Hello Logan (screen cap from the movie)
As for Piz, I don’t really care much that much about him. Sucks to be his character but, hey, I don’t particularly care. Wallace and Mac are all doing ok. Dick (aka Candy Andy of 2 broke girls) is actually looking quite good these days. He is cute in a surfer kind of way, if only we can erase his doofus persona from our memories. 

Overall I like that a lot of the show’s characters made an appearance. Weevil, our old biker friend makes an appearance (and he has a wife and kid now!). Deputy Leo (aka New Girl’s Schmidt) makes an appearance as well. Vinny was also there. And, Gia Goodman (aka the bitch from apartment 23 and Breaking Bad’s Jane) also came out as a semi major character in the film.  

On a side note: Celeste Kane, we could have gone without her. I don’t think anyone wanted to see her. Maybe they should have showed us a scene of Duncan with his kid somewhere, if they wanted someone from the Kane family to represent. Not that I actually like Duncan because I really don’t care too much about him either. 

It would have been cool though if  Leighton Meester, the original Carrie Bishop, made it to the movie. On this note, I would just like to point out that it is kind of uncharacteristic for Susan Knight, Carrie’s friend, to go on with the gang partying like that. Wasn’t she the one who ran away because she got pregnant and was disowned by her parents?

Despite my comments, I am a very satisfied customer. I am a LoVe shipper and I definitely have no complaints! And, did I mention that I am so ecstatic that the Veronica Mars franchise has been revived?! I actually regret not donating some money to the kickstarter campaign. I didn't hear about it early on and then I thought it would be complicated since I don't live in the US. I would have loved to get one of those shirts though, the one that they give you when you donate to the campaign. They're just so cute! 

V. Mars shirt (pic from the kickstarter page)
So, for a couple of days now, I’ve been listening to the Veronica Mars (TV show) soundtrack like a crazy person. What does this say about me? I am a fan girl at heart, that’s all I can say.

Update: I’ve read the new Veronica Mars book. It’s a good installment for starving fans who just want to consume more and more Veronica Mars but for those who are looking for more LoVe, well, there isn’t much sadly. I did enjoy the book, yes. But I am one of those who want to see more LoVe action (Again, I say, I am a fan girl.), so the book left me a little bit wanting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment