Monday, August 26, 2013

#MillionPeopleMarch


I will admit to it, I want to wear white and at the very least drop by the march but I am otherwise occupied so I sadly can’t be there.

I support what the march stands for. It is not about anarchy, it is about citizens voicing out their cry against the pork barrel and everything it stands for.

I am just glad I have a few hours to tune into the media coverage of the march before I have to be busy again. I support the cause in spirit and will be tuning in via the internet for news and updates.

One thing to note though, apparently, a certain Mr. and Mrs. Corona were spotted trying to attend the march and was heckled, booed and driven away!

Well, HELLOOOOO what do you expect?! Mr. Corona, were you expecting everyone to open their arms and suddenly hug you since you wore white?! (Maybe he just can’t resist a themed t-shirt day? Remember he kept asking his cohorts to wear different color shirts back then?)


Unfortunately, white apparently isn’t his color. Everyone kept commenting on his man boobs. Just. Simply. Hilarious.

I still cannot believe his nerve. Seriously. 

Also, it has been said that the opposition are trying to ride on this event and make it an anti-Pnoy thing. I would like to believe that our democracy is relatively evolved than those of, say, the Arab Spring countries where opposing forces keep trying to angle for a power struggle amidst the fray and chaos. (On this note, the discussion of new democracies, the Arab Spring and it’s growing pains, should be also be discussed another day).

Let us be clear with this though: TODAY is a cry against the pork barrel and everything it represents. It is a cry for the government to do something about all of this.

TODAY is NOT a rally to bring the current administration.

The nerve of these opposition people but, I suppose, such people never sleep. I wouldn’t expect them to anyway.  

In a country where often the hot new issue makes everyone forget about the previous week's hot issue... and last week we were hit by the year's Habagat among the many major things that happened last week (and so many they were).... I'm sure the culprits are crossing their fingers and hoping we've all forgotten everything.

BUT let today's march be a reminder to you Janet Napoles: We have not forgetten you!

Let the games begin: Where in the world is Janet Napoles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment