Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Roger: Wimbledon, Olympics and Cincinnati


Wimbledon

Might be too late of a reaction but let it be known that I was beyond ecstatic when Roger won Wimbledon, regained the #1 spot and finally broke the records of weeks in #1.

I won’t even be bother to be annoyed with the naysayers and anti-Federers. I could comment on Murray’s less than winning sulky attitude, Djokovic’s up and down form, or Nadal’s injury but I won’t.

I am just going to dwell and be utterly elated, jubilant and overjoyed about Roger’s summer season.  And, what a fantastic summer it truly was. 

The Olympics

Ok, I got greedy and wanted Roger to get gold in the Olympics as I know that he really wanted it and looking to 2016 just seemed farfetched. So, I was a little bit sad for a while. But hey, a silver medal in the Olympics is still quite a prize. He had that super tiring semifinals against Del Potro and I understand that really zapped his energy.

And really, if after the Australian Open this year someone told me that Roger would win Wimbledon and regain #1 again, I would be all - yes, please!

I would be so happy and content, even if the same person tells me that he won't be doing much after that.

The silver Olympic medal and 3 Master titles he won this year truly are more than any Roger fan could hope for. We all wanted him to make a grand come back but we weren't sure if he was going to pull through for us (though we would have loved him anyway). So, it's all good. A silver medal? We will take it and cherish it. 

Cincinnati

Roger with his Cincinnati Masters Trophy
(from online image search, edited by phone apps)

5 Cincinnati trophies (a record), 21 Master titles (also a record, tied with Nadal), not losing a serve the entire tournament (a record too in Masters and Grand Slams) and winning the first set of the finals 6-0! (against Djokovic at that)

I was smiling from ear to ear and I’m very excited for the US Open! Allez Roger!

No comments:

Post a Comment